Sunday, September 28, 2008

Getting Ready

I am getting ready for our big trip to the bahamas! I am really excited! I have been sewing bathing suits for the trip! I finished the first one and am now working on the second. I used a Kwik Sew pattern (2775) with some modifications. I added a sweetheart curve to the front top, lenthened the top by 3 inches and flared out the addition for my curvy hips! :o I added soft cups to the lining shelf bra for added support and coverage. I also modified the bottoms by taking off 2 inches at the bottom back center, tapering to 1/2" on the sides, and the front I took off 1/2" pretty straight across the top. I fully lined the bottoms for added coverage and a nicer look! I purchased the fabric from ebay from big4lycra. He has great swimwear fabric! I have purchased about 10 different pieces from him with never a problem! On the first swimsuit, I also made a coverup skirt from the same material and a hair scrunchie! The second suit, I added a short skirt to the bottoms for additional thigh coverage and to change the look a little. I also lettuce edged the bottom edge of the top and the bottom edge of the skirt on the second suit. Maybe I will actually get my camera and take some pictures!

No comments: