Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
I knew that they liked them, because they took off the jammies they were already wearing so they could wear their new nighties. They must have been comfy, because she fell alseep quick!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
I am really craving some sewing time. I washed up my new fabric purchases and keep thinking that I would like some yoga style pants (notice that I said "yoga style" because I don't actually do yoga or even exercise to the point I need exercise wear) to lounge around in at night. I looked up on patternreview and saw a lot of people made kwik sew 3115. I was looking for something with a little more detail like a front yoke . Anyone have any good patterns for pull-on close fitting pant with a more boot or straight cut leg?
What is everyone sewing? My dh actually asked me for some sweatpants. I will have to dig into stash and see if I can come up with anything appropriate. Most of my sweatshirting material is pink.
Ta ta for now! Hopefully I will have some project pictures next time we chat!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
As you can see, I am still working on the waistband. Then I have the topstitching on that, the button and button hole, and finally the hem. Soon, they should be done soon......
Part of the reason, I have had no blogs for so long, is that I have been busy! Last weekend, we went wine tasting for a friend's birthday. It was fun, she got a bus (there were 35 of us), and we visited a few wineries as a group, had a catered lunch, then set off on downtown Los Olivos to visit wineries of our choice (there are about 25 wine tasting rooms in a 2 block radius). Here is a picture of me below at one of the wineries. That is a jalie shirt (2788 twist top) I am wearing, one of my favorites. I made it about a year and a half ago. I love that pattern!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
All went well, until she realized that San Diego doesn't get that cold this time of year and so the nightie came off, then she got cold and put it back on. Then again it came off, then again went back on. Then she realized she could just pull it way up and not take it all the way off. Got to love kids!
I made another one for her sister out of a different patterned fleece. She hasn't put it on yet, so I will wait for a photo op and do a different post!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Here are seven things you don't know about me. Here we go:
- I love to cook and eat!
- I hate cleaning house and do it as little as possible!
- I have a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- I grew up overseas (Guam, Korea, Philippines, Hong Kong).
- My favorite country that I have visited was Austria.
- I am a libra.
- I love to snow ski (and the apres ski afterwards)!
Thank You JC!
Here are seven blogs that I nominate!
- Renee Always makes beautiful stuff!!
- Dawn I can always count on something fun to read! She sews more than anyone else!!!
- Angie I love to read her blog, it has such charm!
- Trina She has always intrigued me with all her wonderful dresses and I love the photo shoots! First blog I started to follow!
- Cidell I always get a laugh and I love the other stuff I learn! Second blog I started to follow!
- Christine I love the stuff she makes!
- Debbie I always am learning something new from her blogs!
Okay! I did it....that was a lot of work! So....here I am going to be lazy and not write to each person to let them know I have nominated them (and that is also the introvert in me....).....if you actually read my blog and see your name, Congrats!!! Carry on the tradition, and let us know about you!!!
I'll be reading you later!!