Thursday, January 15, 2009

Going to the Cold!

I love living in San Diego. I also love to ski, so sometimes I need to leave our weather heaven to venture to the cold to get some snow sports in! We are planning a trip to mammoth lakes to get some skiing in! So, I will have to tuck away my short sleeve t-shirts and pull out my warm weather gear! In preparation, I made everyone some fleece socks from stretch power fleece, then I made my dd each two sweatshirts. The first was out of the same stretch power fleece that is a deep purple color. I embroidered Cars characters onto both of them with the girls' names. The second sweatshirt was made out of pink sweatshirt fleece with a stripe under the arm of coordinating pink sherpa fleece and coordinating pink ribbing for the sleeve cuffs, waistband, and the neckband. I embroidered the word "San Diego" in the same color pink on the fronts of both sweatshirts. I am pretty happy with how everything turned out. I had one blunder doing the sleeves of the older dd sweatshirt. I cut them too short because I measured the length from the younger dd sweatshirt. Anyhow, I added some of the pink sherpa fleece near the cuffs to make up for what I cut off and my dh couldn't even tell I screwed up! Ta Da!

No comments: