As promised, I made another top for me! This was the other knit I pulled from my stash over the weekend. This is another knit that has been sitting in stash for quite awhile that I got from the Fabrics & Notions co-op group. This time I went for a new pattern. I traced off BWOF 11-2008-125. I didn't realize it when I first decided to make this, but it is very similar to 11-2008-124 which I have made (here). I made a size 44, which is a first for me. I was afraid it might be on the small side, but it fits just fine!
I made some modifications to this top. First off, I eliminated all of the facings and instead made a band (folded a length in half wrong sides together) that I stitched right sides together to the shirt, then flipped and topstitched. I did this on the yoke portion (that extended around the back side of the neck) and the front v portion. On the front v portion, I stitched two different bands (one on each side of the V), then stitched those together where they met at the front V. The other thing I did was to raise the bottom of the V about 2 inches tapering to nothing at the top of the V. Lastly, I ended up topstitching the yoke band down to the front so it wouldn't flip up. Which leads me to my final realization about this shirt.....it is very similar to the Jalie that I just finished!! Oh well. Not sure why I didn't see this to begin with, but I didn't. The sleeves and the back portion of the top are very different than the Jalie sweetheart top. The back of the BWOF, is cut in two pieces, a top portion and a bottom portion. It gives the shirt a nicely fitted look. The sleeves are a dolman style with the side seam ending at the bottom of the sleeve. I actually had quite a fit working with this fabric. For a while I was getting skipped stitches while topstitching, then I switched machines from my brother to my viking and no more problems. Same needle, same thread. Interesting. I did a rolled hem on the bottom edge with the serger. Easy and I didn't need to worry about stitch problems.
Below are a couple of scrunchies that I made to go with the shirts I just made. Great way to use up scraps and made up in minutes! Love those type of projects!!
I am not sure what is next. I will have to go stash diving again and see what fortune I find! :)