Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gynmastics Time Again!

I have growing girls! Actually I need to make new gymnastic suits mostly because the last ones were 3/4 sleeves and with the weather getting warmer I thought it would be nice to have sleeveless ones. I am using my trusted Jalie 2792. This time I am making view C which is the light blue and white one in the picture.
I traced out the pattern pieces for both girls and then dug into my stash. I have a lot of fabric that is suitable for this pattern, so I finally decided on a blue, red and white hybiscus hawaiian flower pattern for the body with a white stretch velour that has silver sparkly dots on it for the front and back yoke. I cut out the fabric yesterday while the kids played with the neighbors kids (my moment of peace during the day). I am not sure when I am going to have time to sew it up though. Gymnastics is on Mondays, so I hope to get them done by then. Hope. The days are looking pretty busy for awhile. The house needs some cleaning too. The washing machine is agitating away. There is a lot to do and really not enough time to play on the sewing machine.
So....I have completely been out of control with my fabric buying. I don't even make it out to the fabric stores! I do it all from the comfort of my computer, late at night, early in the morning, a few minutes here and few minutes there. OUT OF CONTROL! I blame the evil fabric queen at the yahoo group fabrics & notions. That is where I get 90% of my fabric. The other 10% (my swimsuit and gymnastic suit material) comes from ebay. I have 4 big boxes/crates of material in my closet with a huge stack on the side. I must have at least 100 yards....maybe 200? I hope it isn't that much! I keep saying I am not going to buy anymore because I really do have enough for a couple years of projects. She just keeps getting stuff that I think I must have because I will never have the chance again to get it. Do you think I could resist the remainder of the year???? I can't think of anything that I really need. Like I said, I could sew for a year and still have stash. Self control is my weakness. Do all sewists have this weakness????

No comments: