Monday, May 11, 2009

working on jalie 2788

This is a cute top pattern. If you haven't made it, you should. I have made it one other time, and I always get compliments on the shirt. So....I have decided to make it once again. I am 3/4 of the way through it right now. I hope to have it done later today and get some photos of both of the shirts. Here is the pattern:
I have made it with the short sleeves, but not poofed like they show in the picture. The sleeve is gathered at the top, but I am just going to hem it. In the first version, I just did a rolled edge on the sleeve with the serger. This is a pattern that I sew completely on my serger/coverstitch machine. It is very quick and easy, maybe 2 hours worth of work. This time, I decided not to seam up the back and just cut it on the fold. I am not sure what the seam adds? I didn't put in the flounce in either version.
To change the subject....I had a really nice mother's day. My dd's had each made me a card. My younger one had also made me a bookmark. My older dd had made a handprint with a poem. My dh had them make stepping stones with their handprints and the year (I get this every year...it is the one thing I ask for!), I got 2 dozen long stem red roses, and bottle of nina ricci "love in paris" perfume, and breakfast made for me! What more could I want? Nothing. We all had a nice day together! I sent my mom and dh's mom chocolates for mother's day. We gave them a call and wished them happy mother's day. It was indeed a nice day.

1 comment:

window dressing said...

Sounds like a lovely day and the handprints are a great gift. The roses are gorgeous too.