Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shirt with a view

Here is the finished shirt! I decided that I didn't want the sleeves or length any shorter so I did a rolled hem with the serger instead of hemming it like I originally planned. I wish my darn arms weren't so darn fat! I am sure you have seen this fabric before! It was pretty popular on PR last year. I actually decided not to make something right away because of how popular the fabric was! I mean when you sew, you really don't want everyone to have the same thing as you, right?? Anyhow, I am very happy with how it turned out. I will get photos of the back side later.....this was a timed photo and I had the (expensive) camera precariously sitting on the top of a chair to get this shot! I had my daughter take one...but it turned out to be just bust and up. Later, when my dh is home I can get him to take some pics!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Really cute top, you're right I do remember seeing that fabric but I can't remember where I saw it, someone made a dress, it was nice too.

Opal said...

Great job and I love the fabric...

Rose said...

Great job! I wish I had gotten the chainlink fabric that was very popular about a year and a half ago, but I didn't want too get any because I thought it was TOO popular. I regret it sometimes, but kudos to you for getting the jersey and waiting until you could make it your own.