Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I finished it! See the happy model below! I think he likes it....he was actually worried where to hang it so the kitties didn't jump on it and ruin it! Then he said he thought it looked expensive. He is definitely my biggest critic. It was a really hard fabric to sew on because the threads in the fabric would get pulled just under the tension of the needle. I started off using a denim needle then switched to a microfiber needle. That definitely helped. The material has some lycra (or stretch of some kind...) in it, so I had some puckering until I lowered the tension considerably. All in all I like the finished product, I am sure I will make another sometime, but not too soon!