Monday, March 29, 2010

Another swimsuit!

Here is the other swimsuit that I finished this weekend. I got my older dd to wear it and run in the sprinklers! We are having beautiful weather right now! This is a Kwik Sew pattern. It is a tankini, and I made it in a size 7.

I only did a couple of alterations to the pattern. I added the ruffle at the top edge to the bottoms. I lined the top front and lettuce edged the bottom hemline (I used wooly nylon in the serger top and bottom loopers and regular serger thread in the needle). I also fully lined the bottoms. I added an inch to the waistline of the bottoms and the top bottom edge. She isn't petite like her sister. In fact, I think in a few years she'll be taller than I am!!! :)

She got into posing for the camera:

I finished another project over the weekend, but that will have to wait until the next post! Gotta love the nice weather when all the kids want to play outside!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Too cute.

Marybeth said...

How adorable... the ruffle on the bottom really makes it :))) Have fun!

Julia said...

I love them both!!!

Beangirl said...

I love both of these! Every year I say I'm going to make bathingsuits and every year I give up. The one time I did make one, it didn't look ANYthing like these cute things.