Monday, April 6, 2009

My denim for 9-2008-138

Here are a couple pictures of the denim that I am using for my bwof 9-2008-138 pants. I am going to go subtle and use the black side of the fabric. You can still see the gold through it. My dh said I should do the pockets in the gold side. That would be really cool if I had an a** that I wanted to draw attention to.....I am going to stay black for the pockets. I have the pattern cut out. Of course, I don't have any of the notions I need....like the zipper. It shouldn't be a big deal finding a black jeans zipper though....even walmart should carry that! I have heavy black thread for the stitching. I wonder now if I need to be using heavy thread for all of the stitching....I suppose I should be. See, something else I need to get! I wanted to do the majority of the stitching on the serger to enclose the seams and stop fraying. I need to look for heavy duty cone thread! I have denim tack buttons. I don't have rivets.....I wasn't sure if I was going to use them or not. This project will probably have to wait until after our spring break vacation! I should have been cutting out swim suits!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dawn said...

That is some fun denim. I can't wait to see your finished jeans.