Saturday, July 25, 2009

A sleeveless Jalie 2805

Here is my modified Jalie 2805. I cut the neckline about 2 inches deeper than the round neck version and I narrowed the armholes at the shoulders by about 1 1/2". I bound the neckline and armholes with a black lycra knit using my binder and coverstitch. I lettuce edged the bottom of the shirt. I had to stabilize the shoulders, neckline, and armholes. I started to seam up the shoulder and saw how stretched out it got, that I ripped it out and stabilized before starting again. After stabilizing these areas, I had no issues. Even with the ripout and stabilizing, this only took about 1 1/2 hours. I made it this morning and wore to a birthday party this afternoon!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Very cute top.