I got them done, at last. My sewing time has dwindled down to almost nothing these days! With the kids out of school, you would think there would more time at home to do stuff, but it hasn't worked out that way!
I had some bad news about a close aunt having cancer; she lives close by to me and is alone (her dh passed years ago and she never had kids). My mom and her other sister have been here taking care of my aunt. I have had relatives in town I haven't seen in ten years. Anyhow, a lot of my time has been spent visiting and helping out however I can help.
On a lighter note, didn't these suits turn out super cute?! My older dd's has a surfer girl on the top front, I left the bottoms all blue. I used the elastic listed in directions for hers. For my little dd, I used a roxy fabric for the suit. I got both of the fabrics from ebay (lycra4sale). On her suit, I sized the elastic down in the waistband and band for the top (going from 19" to 18"). The leg openings I sized down considerably (going from 13" to 11"). I could have made my younger dd's suit a little smaller in the top. I could have taken out an inch all around and the straps could have been cut down 1/2". Next time! They work fine for now! Best of all, the lining provides the discretion needed so the suit isn't creeping into places it shouldn't! I don't understand why the suit doesn't call for lining!!
The bottoms fit nicely, no gaping leg holes. All in all, these went together very nicely and I will be making more!